The Center for Leadership and Innovation in Medical Education (CLIME) is excited to offer a Clinical Teaching Certificate starting this fall. This Certificate Program is designed to help teachers maximize learning in the clinical environment. Faculty who teach students, residents, or fellows alongside providing clinical care will benefit from this program. Faculty who teach clinical skills outside of their own clinical practice will also benefit. Certificate requirements include attendance of six live, online sessions and completion of six online modules with additional independent learning activities. Certificates can be earned by completing the requirements over a single year or over multiple years.
By completing the certificate program requirements, participants will:
- Maximize a positive learning climate in their individual clinical teaching settings.
- Use techniques to optimize delivery of educational content
- Teach effectively and efficiently in the course of clinical care.
- Provide accurate skills assessment and high yield feedback to learners.
Certificate Program Mission
- Strengthen the clinical teaching skills of all faculty who interact with learners (students, residents, and fellows)
- Foster a shared mental model of excellent teaching
- Increase professional satisfaction of faculty working to grow as teachers
- Highlight the efforts of faculty working to grow as teachers.
- Offer an institution-wide, standardized, durable curriculum available to all faculty.
Certificate Structure and Time Commitment
- 6 two-hour live virtual sessions offered over the course of a academic year. These will be repeated annually.
- 6 online modules with self study activities using TalentLMS.
- Attendance of all six live sessions and completion of self-study online modules required to earn the certificate. This can be completed over multiple years.
- Rolling registration throughout the year. You may sign up at any time but you will need to attend a live session before completing the linked module to receive the certificate.
2021-2022 Clinical Teaching Certificate Schedule
All Sessions 9:00am-11:00am (PST)
Registration now open for clinical teaching certificate program
Request for Applications Core Faculty for Clinical Teaching Certificate Program. Applications Due July15, 2021