This Certificate Program is designed to help teachers maximize learning in the clinical environment. Faculty who teach students, residents, or fellows alongside providing clinical care will benefit from this program. Faculty who teach clinical skills outside of their own clinical practice will also benefit.
Certificate requirements include attendance of six live, online sessions and completion of six online modules within TalentLMS and additional independent learning activities. Certificates can be earned by completing the requirements over a single year or over multiple years. The recordings posted below do not count as attendance and should be only be used for review.
All resources used in the workshop will be posted after each session. These resources will also be located within TalentLMS in the Clinical Teaching Hub.
Learning Climate Session
Understanding and Retention Session
Teaching Efficiently Session
Teaching in the Presence of Patients Session
- Workshop Slides: Teaching in the Presence of Patients PPT
- Worksheet: Teaching in Presence of Patients
- Article: “Could I add something?”Teaching communication by intervening in real time during a clinical encounter
- Article: Approaches for residents to address problematic encounters
- Recording (This does not count towards getting the certificate can only be used for review as you need to attend a live session to get credit):