“How to Give Feedback Like a Rockstar”
Presenters: Heidi Combs, MD, MS & Jesse Markman, MD, MBA
Facilitators: Lynne Robins, PhD, Jon Ilgen, MD, MCR, & Trish Kritek, MD, EdM
This interactive session introduced participants to the skills and frameworks necessary for giving clear, effective feedback to learners. Attendees practiced foundational skills in giving formative and summative feedback and selected topics of interest during the session to customize their interactive experience. Topics discussed peer to peer feedback, formal and informal learner remediation and how to approach feedback with learners.
- Describe the key components of teaching
- Apply key features of effective feedback to case practice
- Determine if a learner exhibits a problematic pattern of behavior that warrants remediation
- Determine what domain deficit the learner is currently struggling with.
- Use a framework for remediation to intervene in real-life cases.