CLIME is excited to announce a call for storytellers as a part of our Annual CLIME Together Symposium 2022. We are seeking UW affiliated storytellers to tell a healthcare related story on the theme: Disability and Healthcare.
We invite storytellers to share their stories about living with disability in ways that relate to the past and future of healthcare. We are eager to hear your stories about teaching, studying, and/or practicing in the healthcare arena. The stories may be serious, heartfelt, funny, absurd, lyrical and can be expressed in any genre. We encourage those who identify as having a disability to submit their story to share their perspectives as patients, practitioners, and/or educators.
“Storytelling is listening, engaging, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting and sending the message you’re not alone.” – Kent Whipple (founder of storytelling program at the Unexpected Productions Improv School)
- Stories will be 7 minutes or less
- We will provide all storytellers with professional coaching, mentoring and any necessary accommodations.
- Storytellers will be expected to attend at least 3 of 4 virtual coaching sessions that will be offered.
- Please maintain patient/people privacy and don’t use actual names unless you have permission
- The event will not be judged
- The event will be video, virtual and storytellers can choose to pre-record their storytelling or present it live.
- Deadline to apply is: April 8th.
Click the link below or scan QR Code to fill out the submission form.
Briefly share what the story is about (not the actual story) in written (250) max, video or audio form (2 minutes max), and a brief bio (250 word max).
We reserve the right to curate the event. We will be picking 6 stories from the submissions that best compliment one another. Other storytellers will be invited to share their stories at later events and/or venues.
More information about the CLIME Together 2022 Symposium can be found here: https://clime.washington.edu/2022-clime-together-symposium-2/
Please email with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org.