Select a Core:
Growing a community of educational scholars
- Outreach both within UW and the WWAMI region (students, residents, faculty at multiple schools within UW Medicine).
- Creation of an updated list of education scholars.
- Creation of a listserv to disseminate news/published research within UW education community.
Mentoring and collaborating to produce high quality scholarship
- Monthly “brown-bag” or “research in progress” meetings.
- Establish a group of mentors for junior faculty who are interested in pursuing scholarship (both within UW and nationally).
Reporting innovations or researching findings
- Quarterly “Education Grand Rounds” with invited experts.
- Yearly “Celebration of Scholarship” poster session.
Educational scholarship represents the deliberate measurement of activities or research findings for the purposes of disseminating these findings to others.
The Scholarship Core aims to enhance the quality of research in health sciences education, disseminate educational innovations, and to promote the application of this scholarship into educational practice.
CORE GROUP LEADERS
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine
Acting Instructor/Senior Fellow, Division of Emergency Medicine
Professor & Divisional Head, Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
Senior Advisor, Best Evidence in Medical Education, Professor, Biomedical Informatics & Medical Education