- Prepare students – set expectations.
- Keep pre-class assignments reasonable.
- Be intentional about pre-class assignment media. If there is a reading assignment and a video, are they equivalent or do learners need to use both?
- Pre-class quiz should be conceptual, meant to ensure learners are prepared to interact in class.
- In-class activities should be aimed at higher order skills.
- Revise the assessment to steer toward integrative questions
» Flipped Classroom Summary (PDF)
» UWSOM Instructional Design Recommendations (PDF)